Our first major road trip after months of staying locked in our Hyderabad apartment was to Tranquebar. Situated 100Kms away from Thanjavur on the Coromandel Coast of Tamil Nadu, it was a three hour drive my from parents house.Continue reading K&K’s Visit to The Danish town of Tranquebar/Tharangambadi & The Ziegenbalg House
I have always been drawn to forts, castles and palaces because they have the power to transport us to various times and eras in History. Whichever the city or country we travel to, I always look for historical places that we can visit. As we are spending the past couple of months at my parent’s house in Thanjavur, which is rich in culture and history, we decided to visit the Thanjavur Maratha Palace which is the second major attraction, the Thanjavur Brihadishwara Temple being the first!Continue reading K&K’s Visit to the Thanjavur Maratha Palace
I think I will never run out of lessons that I learnt during our stay in Sweden. I could say, during those couple of years, I got born again in many aspects of thinking, beliefs and perspective ✨
One of the fundamental lessons I learnt is what the Swedes are known for globally – SIMPLICITY & MINIMALISM ✨
Their ‘Lagom’ nature is something that catches one completely off guard. Once it does, it miraculously simplifies life, slowing us down and makes it so much more enjoyable ✨
Today, I not only find myself being drawn to monochrome’s and simpler clothing,
– I don’t bite more than I can chew, like even literally 😅
– I commit to few but important things and give my 100%
– I set expectations right at the very beginning (Ex: if I invite guests, I keep them informed that I will only be serving a simple meal and not to expect a banquet). I would rather have friends over for a simple meal, than not invite anyone out of the fear of cooking a three course meal 😅
– In cases when I would like to spend time with a person but I feel I don’t have the time and energy to host them at my home, I suggest ‘Fika’ (Coffee & Conversation in at a cafe or restaurant) ☕️🍰
– Be it a birthday party or my daughters’ weddings… No more themes or fancy, complicated, elaborate agenda, inviting strangers and people we hardly know in order to impress or please people. I am learning to keep things simple, practical, little to no stress and make it fun and memorable!
– I have stopped abiding to protocols that in my opinion are completely unnecessary!
– If I shower love or respect, I ensure it’s from my heart! No more pretending!
– I have started to invest in relationships & habits that matter for life.
– Mindful purchases, whether toys/clothing/gadgets 🧸
– Quality Family and Me-time now take high precedence. Everything else revolves around it. Anything/anyone that I feel would affect this balance shall not be entertained!
– Most importantly, be it my kids education or my career, I am no longer in a fight for survival or in a rat race. We have begun to LIVE LIFE at our pace and on our terms ☺️
Tack Sverige för att göra mig till en bättre, gladare människa 🇸🇪 Thank you, Sweden, for making me a better, happier person 💕