I think I will never run out of lessons that I learnt during our stay in Sweden. I could say, during those couple of years, I got born again in many aspects of thinking, beliefs and perspective ✨
One of the fundamental lessons I learnt is what the Swedes are known for globally – SIMPLICITY & MINIMALISM ✨
Their ‘Lagom’ nature is something that catches one completely off guard. Once it does, it miraculously simplifies life, slowing us down and makes it so much more enjoyable ✨
Today, I not only find myself being drawn to monochrome’s and simpler clothing,
– I don’t bite more than I can chew, like even literally 😅
– I commit to few but important things and give my 100%
– I set expectations right at the very beginning (Ex: if I invite guests, I keep them informed that I will only be serving a simple meal and not to expect a banquet). I would rather have friends over for a simple meal, than not invite anyone out of the fear of cooking a three course meal 😅
– In cases when I would like to spend time with a person but I feel I don’t have the time and energy to host them at my home, I suggest ‘Fika’ (Coffee & Conversation in at a cafe or restaurant) ☕️🍰
– Be it a birthday party or my daughters’ weddings… No more themes or fancy, complicated, elaborate agenda, inviting strangers and people we hardly know in order to impress or please people. I am learning to keep things simple, practical, little to no stress and make it fun and memorable!
– I have stopped abiding to protocols that in my opinion are completely unnecessary!
– If I shower love or respect, I ensure it’s from my heart! No more pretending!
– I have started to invest in relationships & habits that matter for life.
– Mindful purchases, whether toys/clothing/gadgets 🧸
– Quality Family and Me-time now take high precedence. Everything else revolves around it. Anything/anyone that I feel would affect this balance shall not be entertained!
– Most importantly, be it my kids education or my career, I am no longer in a fight for survival or in a rat race. We have begun to LIVE LIFE at our pace and on our terms ☺️
Tack Sverige för att göra mig till en bättre, gladare människa 🇸🇪 Thank you, Sweden, for making me a better, happier person 💕